MPA – The Association of Magazine Media is the industry association for multi-platform magazine companies. Established in 1919, MPA represents 175 domestic magazine media companies with more than 900 titles, approximately 30 international companies and more than 100 associate members. Staffed by magazine media specialists, MPA is headquartered in New York City, with a government affairs office in Washington, DC.
MPA is a non-profit organization representing magazine media, print and digital. MPA provides an organized forum in which publishers can advance their common interests.
MPA serves its members through strategic focus in the following areas:
- Advocates a public policy agenda in Washington and at a state level that addresses issues of common concern to magazine media.
- Maintains a strong, influential industry voice that promotes the vitality and innovation of the magazine industry, present and future, to the advertising, marketing and financial communities, the press and the public.
- Provides thought leadership as a catalyst for industry growth.
- Promotes the value and benefits of magazine content, audiences and advertising across all platforms
- Provides knowledge, tools and resources to support the industry’s digital expansion.
About Magazine Media
Magazine Media transcend any one platform. Whether consumed in print, tablet on a smartphone or on the web, magazine media fulfill readers’ desires for timely information and entertainment that appeal to a broad spectrum of personal interests. The enormous impact and the prominent role magazine media play in culture, society and the economy warrant the medium a unique industry-wide selling proposition: