ASME and Amazon Announce Best Cover Contest 2009
Call For Entries—ASME's Best Cover Contest 2009 Will, For the First Time, Be Hosted on Amazon.com.
NEW YORK, NY (June 1, 2009)—The American Society of Magazine Editors “Best Cover Contest” for 2009 will, for the first time, be hosted on Amazon.com. This partnership will bring the annual cover contest directly to Amazon’s millions of consumers who will vote, also for the first time, for the best covers of the year as nominated by ASME judges.
This panel of judges, which will be composed of magazine editors, design directors, art directors and photo editors, will look at all the entries and select six finalists in each of the following 10 categories:
- News & Business
- Entertainment & Celebrity
- Sports & Fitness
- Fashion & Beauty
- Science, Technology & Nature
- House & Home
- Best Obama Cover (featuring President Barack Obama)
- Sexiest Cover
- Most Delicious Cover
The finalist covers will be posted on www.amazon.com and visitors will have a chance to vote in each category. When the category winners are determined, those covers will be showcased on www.amazon.com, where visitors can then vote for cover of the year.
RULES & ELIGIBILITY
- The competition is open to all magazines edited, published and distributed in the United States
- Cover dates of entries must range between June 1, 2008 and May 30, 2009
- Submissions: Magazines may enter as many categories as they wish, but each one is limited to two entries per category. The same cover can be submitted in as many as two categories.
- ENTRY FEE (an entry consists of one cover): $100 per entry; $85 for MPA member magazines
- DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS EXTENDED!: June 17, 2009 AT NOON
- Fill out an entry form for each cover entered and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to ASME headquarters -- (212) 906-0128
- Upon receipt of your entry form, you will be given instructions via e-mail for uploading cover images to ASME’s FTP site. (Covers must be formatted as a high-resolution JPEG. Preferred files would be 300 dpi).
Contact Nina Fortuna at (212) 872-3737 or email@example.com
All entries are property of American Society of Magazine Editors and Magazine Publishers of America, which reserve the right to use the material for presentation and promotion purposes. The entrant grants permission to ASME and MPA to show or duplicate entries and information provided as ASME and MPA deem appropriate. ASME and MPA shall not be held liable for the loss of any entry for any reason whatsoever. Any entry which does not contain all the information requested will be disqualified.