PEOPLE EN ESPAÑOL CELEBRATES ITS ANNUAL “25 MOST INFLUENTIAL WOMEN” LIST AND INSPIRES LATINA WOMEN TO “POWER UP” THEIR CAREERS WITH TWO-DAY EVENT IN MIAMI MARCH 24-25
Weekend to Kick-off with Star-studded Luncheon and Culminate with Free Consumer Empowerment Event
March 20, 2017 (New York, NY)—People en Español (PESP), the most trusted voice in Hispanic culture, will celebrate dynamic Latinas who are making significant strides in entertainment, business and their communities with a two-day event in Miami, March 24th-25th. The brand will transform its annual franchise, 25 Most Influential Women (Las 25 Mujeres Más Poderosas), into an invitation-only red-carpet luncheon featuring some of today's most powerful and talented Hispanic women on Friday, March 24th. The weekend will culminate with a free, day-long consumer event, Poderosas Live!, held on Saturday, March 25th, designed to inspire and encourage women to “power up” their careers. Sponsors include: Macy’s, Neutrogena® and Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM).
PESP will showcase the year’s 25 Most Influential Women with a star-studded luncheon held at Hyatt Regency Coral Gables honoring many of the nation’s most outstanding Hispanic celebrities and influencers in entertainment, business, entrepreneurship, including: Gaby Espino, Lele Pons, Maria Elena Salinas, Luz Towns-Miranda, Michelle Freyre, Jessica Dominguez, Madga Yrizarry and more.
PESP’s Poderosas Live! will be held at Doubletree by Hilton Miami. This powerful day of panels and workshops—free and open to the public—will be a day of inspiration and education with the foremost experts and thought leaders. Workshop topics will focus on career advancement, entrepreneurship, professional development, tips on fashion in the workplace and strategies on how to lead the way in the business world. In addition, attendees will have opportunities for one-on-one consultations on resume writing as well as an opportunity to take professional headshots and more. Some of the celebrities and influencers who will be in attendance will include: actress/entrepreneur Gaby Espino; TV personalities Ana Maria Polo, Maria Elena Salinas, Ana Patricia Gámez and Pamela Silva Conde; financial expert Elaine King; motivational coach Laura Posada; fashion & beauty expert Kika Rocha and others.
During Poderosas Live!, event sponsors and partners will feature a variety of exciting on-site activations, panel discussions and workshop tracks all geared towards inspiring Latina women to “power up” as they seek the next level in their careers:
- Macy’s: Their activation will feature a pop-up shop fashion truck, as well as a workshop entitled, Impress @ Work with Macy’s MyStylist. It takes just 7 seconds to make a lasting first impression. Learn how to put together your best looks to help you win at the office and beyond with Macy’s MyStylist and People en Español Fashion & Beauty Director Ursula Carranza.
- Neutrogena®: They will be providing beauty essentials to our 25 Mas Poderosas and consumers at Poderosas Live!, in addition to brand integration during a workshop.
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM): They will provide attendees information on careers in Human Resources, including insights on what Human Resource recruiters expect from applicants and more.
- LinkedIn: The Careerism track will share how to optimize one’s LinkedIn profile, best practices for leveraging one’s network, how to score your next promotion with the skills training offered on LinkedIn Learning and more. In addition, LinkedIn Learning will partner with PESP to offer a free trial period for all attendees to polish a skill or learn something new.
- Univision Communications: The television network will serve as a media partner promoting Poderosas Live!—providing on-air talent incorporated in the program—as well as hosting an on-site photo activation. During the Proud Together segment, Ilia Calderón, Maria Antonieta Collins and Tony Dandrades will speak about the personal hurdles they have overcome as Hispanics in the United States.
- Time Inc.: Time’s Human Resources department will be on-hand with a career-themed activation and services—including workshops on branding and negotiations, resume review, career consultations and headshots.
- Elaine King: Financial planning expert Elaine King will offer tactics for managing credit card debt, how to save for retirement and more.
- Hispanic Public Relations Association (HPRA): HPRA’s Careerism track will offer attendees tips on negotiation skills that will secure a ‘win’ for everyone.
- Las Comadres: During the workshop, Latina Leadership: Conversation + Meaningful Action, Las Comadres will discuss the important role of today's Latinas, and how they can mobilize conversation into meaningful action to strengthen their communities. The tools for support are there, and if not we need to create more avenues for mentorship, support and empowerment.
“The inspiring testimonials from our dynamic panel of Latina leaders and influencers will create life-changing moments for everyone in the room—from ‘Generation Next’ to grandmothers,” said Monique Manso, Vice-President, Brand Sales Director, PESP. “We are grateful to our sponsors—Neutrogena, Society for Human Resources Management and Macy’s—and many partners for supporting our vision and allowing this event to happen.”
“We are always excited to be able to watch our Poderosas franchise come to life,” said Armando Correa, Managing Editor, PESP. “We salute all of these women and encourage them to continue to do the work that is necessary to empower Latina women to live their best lives.”
For more information on, pick up People en Español “25 Most Influential” April issue, or visit http://www.peopleenespanol.com/Poderosaslive. To RSVP for Poderosas Live! please visit https://poderosaslive.eventbrite.com. Join the conversation on social media @peopleenespanol #25poderosas #FearlessLatinas.
ABOUT PEOPLE EN ESPAÑOL
PEOPLE en Español was launched in 1996 as a special issue and today has become the top-selling Hispanic magazine in the United States. Published 11 times a year, PEOPLE en Español reaches an audience of 7 million every month with its editorial mix of Hispanic and popular entertainment, fashion and beauty trends, and compelling human-interest stories. PEOPLE en Español delivers original editorial content that captures the values, contributions and impact of today's Hispanics in the US. The brand’s social media footprint includes 1,400,000 followers on Twitter, over 4,200,000 “Likes” on Facebook and 1,600,000 followers on Instagram. For daily news, photos, exclusive behind-the-scenes video and celebrity scoops, visit www.PEOPLEenEspanol.com and follow PEOPLE en Español on Twitter at @PEOPLEenespanol and on Facebook at facebook.com/PEOPLEenespanol.
ABOUT TIME INC.
Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is one of the world's leading media companies, with a monthly global print audience of over 120 million and worldwide digital properties that attract more than 150 million visitors each month, including over 60 websites. Our influential brands include People, Sports Illustrated, InStyle, Time, Real Simple and Southern Living, as well as more than 50 diverse titles in the United Kingdom.
Sheila Harris, 212.522.1089, email@example.com
Elvis Lizardo, 212.522.9658, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dana Baxter, 212.522.1634, email@example.com