MARTHA STEWART, BOB WOODRUFF, CAMPBELL BROWN, JONATHAN NEWHOUSE, LAURA BROWN AND MORE JOIN THE 2019 AMERICAN MAGAZINE MEDIA CONFERENCE LINEUP
300+ Decision Makers from Media, Technology, Advertising and Related Industries to Explore “100 Proof: A Century of Trusted Content” Theme at 225 Liberty Street, NYC, February 5, 2019
NEW YORK, NY – January 9, 2019 – Top leaders in magazine media, technology, advertising and more will convene for the American Magazine Media Conference (AMMC), hosted by MPA–The Association of Magazine Media at 225 Liberty Street, NYC on February 5, 2019. This year’s conference is devoted to the theme “100 Proof,” a recognition of MPA’s centennial and a play on magazine media’s commitment to trustworthy, credible content.
“Magazine brands have staying power and have served as a reflection of the most significant cultural and historical moments in society,” said Linda Thomas Brooks, President and CEO, MPA–The Association of Magazine Media. “With over 50 magazines that have flourished for more than 100 years—a number unrivaled by any other medium—we will celebrate magazine media’s longstanding and trusted relationship to both consumers and marketers at this year’s AMMC.”
Stephen M. Lacy, Chairman of MPA’s Board and Executive Chairman, Meredith Corp. added, “For the past 100 years, MPA has tirelessly served as magazine media’s biggest champion, pushing the industry forward with innovative thought leadership and relentless advocacy. I am thrilled the industry can come together at AMMC to recognize their important work.”
The AMMC agenda will include relevant issues and topics pertaining to the changing media landscape, offering the opportunity to network and share expertise. Program highlights include:
- Martha Stewart and InStyle Editor in Chief Laura Brown will reveal the secrets to their success and share how they continue to modernize and elevate their brands.
- ABC News Correspondent Bob Woodruff will sit with Lucy Kaylin, Editor in Chief, O, The Oprah Magazine, to share his insights on the need for long-form, well-researched, credible journalism in our society.
- Campbell Brown, Facebook’s Global Head of News Partnerships, will sit with Glamour Editor in Chief Samantha Barry to discuss the latest on the Facebook Journalism Project.
- One of The Cut’s most popular columns goes live as Editor in Chief Stella Bugbee asks Hearst Magazines’ Kate Lewis how she gets it done as the company’s chief content officer.
- In a panel moderated by Hearst Magazines’ Michael Clinton, top editors of some of the most iconic magazine brands discuss boldly innovating into the future while simultaneously treasuring their legacy status. Panelists include Popular Science’s Joe Brown, Good Housekeeping’s Jane Francisco, National Geographic’s Susan Goldberg and The Nation’s Katrina vanden Heuvel.
- Tom Harty of Meredith Corp., Bonnie Kintzer of Trusted Media Brands, Pam Wasserstein of New York Media, Troy Young of Hearst Magazines and Eric Zinczenko of Bonnier Corp. will review the themes of the day and share what’s hot for their companies in the year ahead in a panel moderated by MPA’s Linda Thomas Brooks.
- Jessica Pels, Editor in Chief, Cosmopolitan and Daria Bernardoni, Editor in Chief, Freeda Media will reveal how their brands are using Instagram to reach new audiences and increase revenue in a panel moderated by Instagram’s Elisa Benson.
- In a discussion with ESPN’s Alison Overholt, Bahram Akradi, Chairman, CEO and Founder of Life Time, will share his visionary approach to brand-building across markets, including the role of a print product in engaging and informing an audience.
- Other confirmed speakers include Ken Auletta, Author and Media Critic; Andy Main, Head of Deloitte Digital; and James Hewes, CEO, FIPP.
The conference will conclude with The Kelly Awards to honor outstanding magazine media advertising; a ceremony—hosted by Samir “Mr. Magazine” Husni—honoring the best magazine launch of the year; and the Lifetime Achievement Award given to Marvin R. Shanken, Founder and Chairman, M. Shanken Communications and presented by Jonathan Newhouse, Chairman and Chief Executive of Condé Nast International.
AMMC media sponsors include Meredith Corporation, Hearst, Condé Nast, Bonnier Corporation, Active Interest Media, M. Shanken Communications, National Geographic and Trusted Media Brands. AMMC vendor partners include Deloitte, Facebook, MRI, Quad/Graphics, MediaRadar, PrintFlic, eMagazines, CMG-Comag Marketing Group, Alliance for Audited Media and ZINIO.
For more information about the American Magazine Media Conference and to purchase a ticket, go to www.magazine.org/AMMC19.
MPA – The Association of Magazine Media is the primary advocate and voice for the magazine media industry, driving thought leadership and game-changing strategies to promote the industry’s vitality and increase its revenues and market share. Established in 1919, MPA represents more than 150 domestic, associate and international members. MPA is headquartered in New York City, with a government affairs office in Washington, D.C.