HENRY WINKLER JOINS THE 2019 AMERICAN MAGAZINE MEDIA CONFERENCE
Liz Vaccariello, Lucy Kaylin, Karthic Bala, Alysia Borsa, Andrew Clurman, and Stephen Orr added to the February 5, 2019 Agenda
NEW YORK, NY – MPA – The Association of Magazine Media today announced that Henry Winkler, one of the nation’s most iconic and beloved actors and directors, will join the speaker lineup at the upcoming 2019 American Magazine Media Conference (AMMC) on February 5 at the Henry R. Luce Auditorium in downtown New York City.
The discussion, titled “How to Stay Cool: Henry Winkler Talks Legacy, Lessons and Longevity”, will be moderated by Liz Vaccariello, Editor in Chief, Parents and Group Editorial Director, Meredith Corporation. Fresh off an Emmy win and releasing his 34th children’s book, Winkler will share how he is raising awareness about dyslexia, starring on a hit show, and successfully navigating the disruption in the television industry.
The AMMC agenda will include relevant issues and topics pertaining to the changing media landscape, offering the opportunity to network and share expertise. Additional program highlights include:
- Martha Stewart and InStyle Editor in Chief Laura Brown will reveal the secrets to their success and share how they continue to modernize and elevate their brands.
- ABC News Correspondent Bob Woodruff will sit with Lucy Kaylin, Editor in Chief, O, The Oprah Magazine, to share his insights on the need for long-form, well-researched, credible journalism in our society.
- Campbell Brown, Facebook’s Global Head of News Partnerships, will discuss the latest on the Facebook Journalism Project and more with Glamour Editor in Chief Samantha Barry.
- In a conversation led by Deloitte Digital's Andy Main, digital transformation experts share how they create valuable experiences for customers in an age when consumer privacy, data security and brand trust are paramount. Panelists include Karthic Bala, Chief Data Officer, Condé Nast; Alysia Borsa, Chief Marketing and Data Officer, Meredith Corporation; and Tracy Heller, Head of eCommerce, David Yurman.
- One of The Cut’s most popular columns goes live as Editor in Chief Stella Bugbee asks Hearst Magazines’ Kate Lewis how she gets it done as the company’s chief content officer.
- Stephen Orr, VP/Group Editorial Director, Meredith Corporation and Editor in Chief, Better Homes & Gardens, will reveal the winner of the 2018 ASME Best Cover Contest.
- In a panel moderated by Hearst Magazines’ Michael Clinton, top editors of some of the most iconic magazine brands discuss boldly innovating into the future while simultaneously treasuring their legacy status. Panelists include Popular Science’s Joe Brown, Good Housekeeping’s Jane Francisco, National Geographic’s Susan Goldberg and The Nation’s Katrina vanden Heuvel.
- Tom Harty of Meredith Corporation, Bonnie Kintzer of Trusted Media Brands, Pam Wasserstein of New York Media, Troy Young of Hearst Magazines and Eric Zinczenko of Bonnier Corporation will review the themes of the day and share what’s hot for their companies in the year ahead in a panel moderated by MPA’s Linda Thomas Brooks.
- Jessica Pels, Editor in Chief, Cosmopolitan; Anna-Lisa Yabsley, Digital Director, Vogue; and Daria Bernardoni, Editor in Chief, Freeda Media will reveal how their brands are using Instagram to reach new audiences and increase revenue in a panel moderated by Instagram’s Elisa Benson.
- ESPN’s Alison Overholt will moderate a discussion with Bahram Akradi, Chairman, CEO and Founder of Life Time, about his visionary approach to brand-building across markets, including the role of a print product in engaging and informing an audience.
The conference will conclude with The Kelly Awards to honor outstanding magazine media advertising, hosted by Andrew W. Clurman, President and CEO, Active Interest Media; the reveal by Samir “Mr. Magazine” Husni of the best magazine launch of the year; the MPA Industry Excellence award given to James Cregan, Former EVP, Government Affairs, MPA – The Association of Magazine Media and presented by Stephen M. Lacy, Executive Chairman, Meredith Corporation; and the Lifetime Achievement Award given to Marvin R. Shanken, Founder and Chairman, M. Shanken Communications and presented by Jonathan Newhouse, Chairman and Chief Executive of Condé Nast International.
AMMC media sponsors include Meredith Corporation, Hearst, Condé Nast, Bonnier Corporation, Active Interest Media, M. Shanken Communications, National Geographic and Trusted Media Brands. AMMC vendor partners include Deloitte, Facebook Journalism Project, MRI, Quad/Graphics, Issuu, MediaRadar, Alliance for Audited Media, Chartbeat, CMG-Comag Marketing Group, eMagazines, LSC Communications, ZINIO, piano and House of Kaizen.
For more information about the American Magazine Media Conference and to purchase a ticket, go to www.magazine.org/AMMC19
MPA – The Association of Magazine Media is the primary advocate and voice for the magazine media industry, driving thought leadership and game-changing strategies to promote the industry’s vitality and increase its revenues and market share. Established in 1919, MPA represents more than 150 domestic, associate and international members. MPA is headquartered in New York City, with a government affairs office in Washington, D.C.