Efforts to Regulate Subscription Marketing Practices Should Avoid Penalizing Consumer-Friendly Magazines
MPA works to ensures that federal and state legislative proposals that would impact consumer promotion strategies are appropriately balanced and workable for both consumers and sellers of goods and services.
MPA supports clear disclosure to potential subscribers of material terms of magazine offers while opposing overly restrictive or unnecessary requirements that interfere with publishers’ creative flexibility without enhancing consumer understanding.
Subscription Management Practices That Work for Subscribers
- MPA submits letter on notification times and enforcement of Colorado automatic renewal bill, May 14, 2021
- MPA joins other industry groups in opposing Delaware bill on new automatic renewal notices, May 28, 2021
- MPA joins other industry groups in opposing California bill on automatic renewals and continuous service offers, April 16, 2021
- MPA submits written testimony opposing Colorado bill on automatic renewals, April 15, 2021
- MPA joins other industry groups in opposing Colorado bill requiring written consent for automatic renewals, April 14, 2021